Wednesday, October 25, 2006

father knows best


>
>Father Knows Best...
>
>  A young boy had just gotten his driver's license
>
>  and  inquired of his father, if they could discuss his use  of the car.
>
>  His father said he'd make a deal with his  son.
>
>"You bring your grades up from a C to a B  average,
>
>study your Bible a little,
>
>  get your hair cut  and
>
>  we'll talk about the car."
>
>   The boy thought about that for a moment,
>
>  decided he'd  settle for the offer and they agreed on it.
>
>   After about six weeks his father said,
>
>  "Son, I've been  real proud.
>
>  You  brought your grades up and
>
>  I've  observed that you have been studying your Bible,
>
>but  I'm real disappointed you haven't gotten your hair  cut."
>
>   The young man   paused a moment then said,
>
>  "You know,  Dad, I've been thinking about that,
>
>  and I've noticed  in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair,
>
>  John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair  and
>
>    there's even a strong argument that Jesus had long  hair."
>
>    To this his father replied, "Did you also notice they  all walked
>everywhere they went?"
>

No comments: